I can hardly believe it has been more than 2 months since I last wrote what I was up to. I will try and keep it short on words and heavy on the photos ☺️ But to give you an idea 6 quilt tops completed, 4 quilts quilted, and major work done on the Jane Austen Quilt.
- I am still working on my Jane Austen quilt but have done a lot of work on it. Most of this quilt is either paper pieced blocks or applique, so it will be a work in progress for a while I think. Here are some photos of it’s progress since my last posting. I am still in love with this Amanda Herring fabric!
- I have my Auntie’s 80th Birthday in a few weeks so I have also made her a quilt. This was done with a Chevron pattern using a Amanda Herring fabric line, just love her fabric’s. My dog Libby was beginning to think this was for her!
I also finished the quilt off with stippling for the quilt sandwich on my machine, it came out amazing.
- In February I also attended a Longarm Quilting retreat, before I went I had to make a lap size quilt. I had purchased a quilt kit from FatQuarter shop over christmas so I though I would put that together. It turned out great and was quick to put together.
I had so much fun learning to use a longarm that I now dream about owning one, one day I will have saved enough!!!
- After making the above heart quilt I decided to use the pattern and adapt it to be a bit bigger, as I have some friends getting married in April and I thought making them a quilt would be nice. The modern style I went with came out really well. It was very interesting to quilt on my machine thought, but I am learning how to manage it.
- I started a flower patch quilt, that hasn’t been quilted yet
- I also had a single charm back of a blue and white patter which I have put together in a simple but modern design
- There has also been a bit of fabric purchasing going on, to the point I have now made an agreement with myself to design quilts first, order fabric second, it has been an interesting idea and has worked well for the last month of so.
- And last but not least I have joined the Modern Quilt Guild. We don’t have a local branch in Wellington so I have signed up online. It is really encouraging to see what others are doing.
I have two more quilts I have worked on, but I will post those as seperate posts.